Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mothers Day 2017

What a lovely day today! I hope all mothers, grandmothers, sisters, aunts, girlfriends every where are having a wonderful day.

Hubby and I spent lunch at my eldest daughters house today, they bought a new house so this will be the last time visiting this one. They close on the new one later this month.

I spent 4 lovely days in Shipshewana IN earlier this month with many other quilters at the Jane Stickle Retreaters Retreat. We shopped, ate good food and sewed, sewed and sewed! I finished 3 more UFO's.................

This is my Candlewicked quilt I started in 1988. It started as 12 pillow panels. I always wanted a quilt done from them but of course my full size bed is now a queen so I had to draw 4 more panels for a total of 16. I spent the last few months finishing the candlewicking and chose a design to sash and border it. Because its basically cream on cream its hard to see detail but it really pretty! LOL




The next 2 are blocks from a Sunbonnet Bonnet Sue State swap I did in 2006. I actually did 2 full swaps so have 2 tops now done! One in pink and one in blue.








I finished my millennium quilt as well  but cannot find the pics of it! Oh well. I'm at 4 finished UFO's so far, at least to top form.

My gardens are all mulched and cleaned up. No new plants yet. Haven't decided if I want to do all that work this year. Everything planted last year is doing well.

Well enjoy your day everyone, time to get a little sewing in.

2 comments:

  1. All the quilts are nice but the candlewicking one is absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see how you quilt her.

    ReplyDelete