Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mothers Day 2017

What a lovely day today! I hope all mothers, grandmothers, sisters, aunts, girlfriends every where are having a wonderful day.

Hubby and I spent lunch at my eldest daughters house today, they bought a new house so this will be the last time visiting this one. They close on the new one later this month.

I spent 4 lovely days in Shipshewana IN earlier this month with many other quilters at the Jane Stickle Retreaters Retreat. We shopped, ate good food and sewed, sewed and sewed! I finished 3 more UFO's.................

This is my Candlewicked quilt I started in 1988. It started as 12 pillow panels. I always wanted a quilt done from them but of course my full size bed is now a queen so I had to draw 4 more panels for a total of 16. I spent the last few months finishing the candlewicking and chose a design to sash and border it. Because its basically cream on cream its hard to see detail but it really pretty! LOL




The next 2 are blocks from a Sunbonnet Bonnet Sue State swap I did in 2006. I actually did 2 full swaps so have 2 tops now done! One in pink and one in blue.








I finished my millennium quilt as well  but cannot find the pics of it! Oh well. I'm at 4 finished UFO's so far, at least to top form.

My gardens are all mulched and cleaned up. No new plants yet. Haven't decided if I want to do all that work this year. Everything planted last year is doing well.

Well enjoy your day everyone, time to get a little sewing in.

3 comments:

  1. All the quilts are nice but the candlewicking one is absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see how you quilt her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online Betting Strategy
    Ruby888 Find a way of playing games online bets. Have fun and enjoy all the fun. To make every player of the game has come into contact with the best online gambling games. We are ready to give you all the customers have access to all your needs.
    Because we also have a way of playing the game to win it online with a lot of people and all of it's playing games to gamble online with the variety and all of it's numerous to be a professional gambler. Everybody is impressed with playing the best online games.
    We also have a master of the game online gambling lottery. Gambling games to captivate all the visitors to play games online with all the various and want to play it differently and all have a great appetite. And we also have the regime of playing online games with the most powerful. IBCbet

    ReplyDelete