Friday, April 27, 2012

Spring and New Beginnings



Check my new quilt studio! We bought this house 18 months ago and moved my son and DIL into it but that did not work out. Son now lives else where with his perfect girlfriend (yes former DIL was a mess) and I have an empty house!

Hubby decided rather then renting, I have it for 3 years to make a go of my Long arm and quilting business. A dream come true! I have a living room, dining room, kitchen and small room with french doors off the living room downstairs. Plus a fully enclosed front and back porch. Upstairs are 2 bedrooms and a small full bath, charming with with a claw foot tub. The basement is full size with 2 storage rooms and can be easily finished. The thought is maybe in the future to do quilt retreats. This house sits behind my main residence so is next door and we have alot of empty land in between.


Here's the front. We need to replace the one banister, we have it it just needs to be put back. can you see nice flower boxes on the front? I love plants and its the perfect time of year for planting!



This the view of the dining room from the living room. There are several nice big blank walls, can't you just see a quilt hanging there? This is the room where my Long arm will go, there is a nice big sunny picture in there. You can just barely see it to the right.


This is the living room and will be my main sewing room. I just love the hardwood floors. These rooms are both about 14x14. I will have so much fun looking for furniture for them.

Garage sales today netted a small desk, book case and TV stand. Acquired a new antique quilt as well <G>.  Oh and a patio table and chair set for the deck. Above picture is of the french door room. I plan on making this a sitting room with a few nice chairs and TV plus shelves for storage. It has a nice wide closet that will work nice with added shelves too.

I am sooo excited and just had to share. Its been ages since I blogged. Hopefully in the next month I will have the after pictures with rooms full. The house already has phone and will have satellite installed next week. Internet we are still working on but within the next few weeks.


Isn't his a great quilt? My next reproduction project I think. The fabrics say late 1800's and I just love it. the picture is from Rebecca's Haarer's Antique shop in Shipshewana Indiana. If you are ever in the area you really need to see her shop.

2 comments:

  1. How neat is this. A whole house to use as a studio. Have fun setting everything up. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute house -- lots of potential. I would think DH might be worried you never come back home. Will you be doing this full time, or keeping the day job? So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete